Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BLT Salad

Another craving that needed satisfying!
I NEED a BLT!  So I tricked myself....
It even filled up my husband, who is always hungry right after a meal.  Suprising really, but it must be all the leafy greens. Best of all, I didn't even miss the bread!

Ingredients
Hearts of romaine
Baby spinach
Roma tomatoes
Pepper Bacon
Red Onion
1 tbsp bacon drippings (approx).
2 tbsp red wine vinegar (approx).
Ground black pepper to taste

Make whatever proportions you feel appropriate.  I used about 6 slices of thick cut pepper bacon, 1 roma tomato, and a couple of thin slices of red onion.  Romaine and spinach where just eyeballed.
Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside.  Combine all ingredients but last 3.  For vinegrette, combine vinegar and dripping to desired taste, add additional pepper.  Toss salad to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment