Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cookie Dough Dip


I cannot take credit for this one at all.  Big shout to Paleo Parents for coming up with this Paleo version.  Shortly before we went Paleo, I made the normal cookie dough dip, and it was amazing.  So you can imagine our disappointment of losing such a gem by changing eating habits.  When I saw this posted on Pinterest, I put it on my "must make" list.  Thankfully, we had a BBQ yesterday and I had the perfect reason to make it.  Super easy, and I have to admit, even better than the original non-paleo version.  Seriously.
Ingredients
2 c. Almond Flour
1/2 c. Butter Flavored Palm Shortening
1/4 c. Honey
1/4 c. Maple Syrup
1 tbsp. Vanilla
Mini-chocolate chips
Pecan pieces
Candy coated sunflower seeds (totally not paleo, but I made a litte exception)

Directions
Combine all ingredients but the candy and nuts and blend until smooth.  Stir in the candy/nuts (be creative and put in whatever you want. 



** I clearly made a concession with the candy coated sunflower seeds, but I felt that that small concession was better than adding some other non-healthy additive in there.  After making this, I think it could easily be made into so many insane combinations.  Next time I think I'm gonna actually try making a "oatmeal" cookie version.  Thanks again Paleo Parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment