Monday, April 2, 2012

Paleo "Oatmeal" Cookie Dough Dip

This turned out amazing!  As I had mentioned in my previous Cookie Dough dip post, I had the idea to make it into a Oatmeal Cookie version.  Of course, I had no idea where to start, so I was searching all over the internet.  And wouldn't you know, I found NOTHING. Well, I guess that's not true, I found a couple versions that said they were Paleo, but contained oatmeal.  And let's face it, that just won't do.  I was also determined to make this somewhat healthier. And it turned out great.  I had the opportunity to try it out for bookclub, and it was a huge hit.  Even my husband who isn't an oatmeal cookie fan, raved! 

Ingredients
1.5 C Almond Flour
1/4 C + 1 large spoonful Flaxmeal
1/2 C butter flavored palm shortening (you could use less, depending on the size of the banana)
approx.1/4 C honey
approx.1/4 maple syrup
1 mashed banana
1 tbsp vanilla
Cinnamon & nutmeg to taste
Pecans (or walnuts)
Raisens

Directions
Blend all ingredients (minus pecans and raisens) together until smooth. Mix in nuts and raisens to desired consistency.  I let mine sit for about 2 hours in the fridge, to allow the flax and almond flour absorb some of the moisture.  I took it out  about an hour before I wanted to serve it.

**Someone who isn't Paleo would never realize that this does not contain oatmeal. Served with apples (for the Paleo's) and graham crackers (for those that are not), and it was huge hit.  I imagine this would also be good rolled into balls and refridgerated just for a quick non-dippable snack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment