Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet Potato Hash

My good friend made me a version of sweet potato hash last year, and I've been hooked since.  I figure it has to be a good paleo dish right?  I've been experimenting with my own version, and last night made one that turned out especially great, and was relatively quick and easy.  It was the perfect amount for two people, but sadly my husband won't eat two of the ingredients.  Oh well - breakfast for me! Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 sweet potato - peeled and shredded
1 small yellow onion - diced
1 medium zucchini - shredded
6 brussell sprouts - steamed and chopped
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
1 -2 tbsp olive oil

Directions
Heat oil in pan, and add shredded sweet potato.
Cut onion, add to pan.  Shred zucchini, add to pan.
I steamed my brussel sprouts while these cooked, and then roughly chopped them and added them as well.

I add a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder after every layer of veggies, but you can add it at whatever stage you prefer.  Cook to desired consistancy.

I kept my hash on the soft side, as the moisture from the zucchini helped cook the potato.  But if you wanted a crisper hash, I would suggest pressing the shredded zucchini to get the moisture out.

No comments:

Post a Comment